Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Utter Chaos


Well, to kick start our new semester which began yesterday, we have one of our dwindling IT people missing after having his jaw broke in a bar fight this past weekend. Yes, dear GFR managed to anger some guy in a local dive resulting in a sucker punch to the face and an unplanned emergency trip to the hospital. He had surgery yesterday and won’t be gracing our hallowed halls this week and possibly not the next. I left work yesterday with a tremendous headache and though I know the drill for the first insane week, I am already having to psyche myself up just to arrive here. To add to the fun, our think tank, (aka quiet place to get away from it all and hide), er, upstairs ladies potty is out of order and we are forced to make the extended trek downstairs to use the general public bathroom. I found myself sharing cramped space with Psycho and Water Buffalo this morning. Yikes! Also, we went to portals on our website and the students have no clue that the hyperlink to get their demographics is now at the bottom of the page as opposed to the top. This has created an untenable situation and generated frantic calls and mass confusion. *sigh* I would love to give you the longer version of my day but the natives are restless and work and everyone else under god’s freekin' creation is calling me. Ciao for now. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger hates me today, just so you know.

*hugs*

You deserve so much better than sharing space with Psycho and Water Buffalo.

TC

Kerry said...

One of our Think Tanks has been out of order for a couple of days... forcing everyone to head to the same potty room. Its such a pain... you can't really chat on your phone in private in there when that happens because its constantly busy! lol

Heard any more news on GFR?

Kerry said...

One of our Think Tanks has been out of order for a couple of days... forcing everyone to head to the same potty room. Its such a pain... you can't really chat on your phone in private in there when that happens because its constantly busy! lol

Heard any more news on GFR?

Kerry said...

Oh brother... hate it when it posts twice!

Unknown said...

Why is the concept of a ladies' rest room being a Think Tank making me laugh so hard?

Do women write policy papers and stuff in there?

Inquiringly

Wombat

TC said...

We can't tell you, Wombat. It's all top secret.

Circe said...

TC--our 'special room' is up and running again today! Yeah!!!

Ker--I'm not trying to be a snob but I don't especially like sharing germs with the students, though I'm sure they have impeccable toilet habits.

Wombat--TC is correct. This is a deep, dark secret and if I told you I would have to kill you. (JK)

love love