Thursday, June 28, 2007
On this the last day before my extended break, things have been hectic and chaotic. The Grand Exalted Poobah’s assistant had spit out no less nine emails before noon with stern warnings regarding outages and funerals and everything in-between. Not only is my building closed next Monday and Tuesday, but late start summer classes begin and I’m gone on vacation for the next few weeks. This week I’ve been training "Svetlana" on taking over my complicated (kidding) duties in my absence thus adding to the already chaotic situation. I’m counting my blessings that I won’t be present when all hell breaks loose next Monday and all my prior campus-wide communication falls on deaf ears. Oh well. Easy come, easy go.
In deference to our dear CruiserMel, I leave you with six factoids regards my snoozing habits.
6 Weird things I do while getting ready to sleep or while sleeping:
1. I blow. According to TBC I make this interesting (annoying) sound when I’m asleep where I exhale little puffs of air. And it drives him nuts. He snores like a chainsaw so I fail to see what crime I’ve committed.
2. I toss and turn. A lot. I usually do quarter turns (clockwise) until I finally fall asleep which brings me to…
3. I have chronic insomnia. This is most likely because I tend to tally up all my worries when I finally catch a quiet moment and unfortunately that moment occurs right at bedtime. So I tend to take sleep aids on most evenings but I alternate them so I won’t be addicted. I’m not sure which is worse, taking something possibly habit-forming or being a miserable, sleep-deprived zombie the next day at work. Guess I’ll take the pills.
4. I love to read Star Wars novels before dropping off to sleep. As gripping as the critical Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy is, I never lay awake at night nervously mulling its possible ramifications.
5. I get a nasty sore throat if I sleep nekkid so I must utilize some form of sleepwear. It’s either silky nighties in the summer or flannel jammies in the winter. I also must have some form of covering on even if it’s only a sheet. Go figure.
6. I cannot hear any talking or music before falling asleep but love white noise, especially a fan or air purifier. And while I grew up drifting off to the noisy echo of busy traffic, it’s the sound of total silence I simply cannot handle. Back when I was a teenager, I spent the night with my bud Angie in the rural home her and her mom were then living in. I lay awake all night because, as I groggily informed her the next morning, only two vehicles had passed the entire night!
Okay gang. Take care this weekend and I’ll make a special effort to post before the Fourth! :)
I've tried hard not to make my entries mostly like a babyblog, but this one time i've gotta talk about the little baby :)
We had an ultrasound yesterday and all indications are that this little guy is a girl! Richard is soooo excited! We left the doctors office with our video and pictures of the little tyke and headed home. I changed... headed to the gym... leaving Richard at home just grinning from ear to ear and working on editing the video.
Later, I get a text message from him.
R: I'm so in love!
Me: ok... with who?
R: Our little girl!
Me: You're screwed.
R: She's going to break my little heart
Me: Yep. You're screwed. She already has you wrapped around her finger and she isn't even here yet!
Me: You're screwed.
I can see it all now... I'll be the mean one. haha
I hope to get a few sonogram pics posted. She is so sweet... sucking her thumb and stretching those legs. She has Richards toes. He is the only man... person... i've ever seen who can stretch all of their toes apart like fingers! She did it!!!! hahahahahahahha
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Richard called me at work and asked me about a trip and we got to looking and decided to jump in and take off before school starts. I'm ready to see some sun and sand! No more of this monsoon weather! Yipppeee! Today marks the 15th consecutive day of rain.
Oh yes.... and it seems we'll be buying pink for this little baby ;)
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
It's raining flipping cats and dogs. We're supposed to get some 4.85 inches by 5pm tomorrow... so in just about 36 hours it will be flood levels again. Wait... the flood from before really hadnt lowered because it had nowhere to run off to because of the rains before that! I'm building an ark!
Sunday we spent a good part of the day at the lake with a coworker of Richard's and his wife. We took the boys out tubing and with the first run, the material on the tube - ripped! It was the first time Jack had used the tubed too... so it was a real bummer. We did about three rounds and decided to head to the local wal-mart for a new tube or something else to play with. Richard, Jack and C headed to shop... and the rest of us stayed in the boat soaking up some rays. Within no time they were back and we went for round 2 of jetting around the lake. We got about three miles from our launch site.... killed the engine to let people in and out of the boat... the sucker wouldnt start again!
The guys pulled this, tugged that, took this and that apart, etc.. but it was a no go. We contacted lake patrol... which was actually the local police department (they patrol the lake too) and got towed in. It was an action packed day for sure! The lake was up about 6 feet too. Picnic tables were covered, docks were under water... its crazy! And now its pouring again. Lovely.
My friend Deb, that went to Vegas with us, text mess'd me last night and she's going to be a grandma!!! Congrats to you Debbie! This will be her first grandbaby - of many more to come I think :) I'm so happy for her!