Saturday, January 13, 2007

Easy on the Ice, Please

The big winter storm that the weathermen have been talking about all week hit yesterday morning. I went to work earlier than usual to try to avoid the heavy traffic and so I could head home earlier... again to avoid the heavy traffic. When I left (6:30ish in the am) it was a bit drizzley, but nothing major and about 8:30am, we could hear the sleet hitting the skylight by my office. This is what I saw on my front porch when I got home.

We probably should have been staying inside and avoiding the dangerously slick roads, but I had a hankerin'...
This is where I was headed....

To get me one of these. I had to have a fix... and like the mailman... no rain, sleet or snow will stop me.




Today, we're supposed to get round two of the stuff and I guess tomorrow is round three (which is supposedly going to be worse than round 1).

8 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

HOORAY SONIC!!!!!!!!!

So what was in that blessed cup??

Unknown said...

This is a tribute to your loyalty, Kerry. Sonic should be gifting you something for the effort.

BTW, I think this might be the first recorded case of a diet coke and ice being considered a warming drink.


-Wombat

TC said...

Please keep it. Don't send it my way. You can send snow, but no ice. Thanks.

Kerry said...

Burg... my flavor is Diet Coke... easy ice :)

I agree Wombat! I def should get an "A" for effort... if not, then at least a free brown bag special! haha

Chica... will you take the bitter cold too? I am not a happy cold person!

Sizzle said...

be careful girl!

Big Ben said...

It finally snowed up here but it is starting to melt already.

I miss Sonic (ate it a lot when I lived in Texas, but I prefer Jack in the Box)

TC said...

Um, you can take the bitter cold too. I'm not a fan of that any more than the ice.

Kerry said...

Ben... I have never eaten at a Jack in the Box. Is that like a Whataburger?

Slopmaster... I know word verification sucks and it is so irritating when I have to type it in one hundred million times every time I comment, however on one of my other blogs it was a must because we got hit with flippin spam hard! I dont like Spam :)

Is 'bitches' just a generic term for any idiot out runnin the streets in the elements?!?! lol