Thursday, January 11, 2007

Subway... Eat Fresh!

maybe... if they will keep the restaurant open!

Tonite, C and I headed right around the corner to grab a sandwich... walked in the door and immediately this chubby girl (green shirt) said 'we're closed'. No Hello, i'm sorry but we're closed, kiss my foot or nothing! I stopped dead in my tracks and repeated 'you're closed!?' YES! she says. C and I headed back out the front door... I turned and double checked the hours because I knew it couldn't be that late. I just left the gym and it was roughly 8pm. Closing time was clearly posted as 10pm! I noticed the Open sign was off.

We hopped in the MM and sat there discussing our next move. It made no sense that they were closed. There was a guy inside paying for his purchase and it's 8:15pm. A little car zips up next to me and a guy hops out and runs inside. I said 'watch this!' to C and we sat there... watching and waiting. He was all spiffied up like maybe he was the owner or maybe he was an insurance agent. lol Sure as shiat! He walked up and ordered!

Now, my blood is boiling. Chubby girl in green shirt walks over and turns the Open sign on! I turned off the MM and told C 'get out! we're going in!' I waltzed in the front door and very clearly and loudly said 'SO! Are you open or are you closed!?' Chubby girl in red shirt said 'we're open... blah blah blah blah' some explanation about how they had an emergency and she wasnt supposed to be there because she's injured but she's working and someone didnt show or some crap. Basically they were having employee problems and they were just going to close the place down and go home.

C ordered his sandwich and told red shirt girl what he wanted... turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomato... Green shirt girl (very snippy I might add) said 'we don't have any tomatoes'. Red shirt girl (who is somewhat trying to smooth things over) silently went to the back of the store and brought out a whole hand full of sliced tomatoes! I just glared and chubby, irritating, green shirt girl. We paid for our sandwich and two drinks (actually, she gave us one of the drinks free because of the trouble we went through) and headed out the front door. As I jumped in the MM, chubby green shirt girl walked over to the Open sign and turned it off again.!!!

That is the third time I've been in that Subway... and each time something catastrophic has happened with the employees. Its a shame too.. its a brand new Subway, great location, very clean... awesome potential! They are ruining it....

7 comments:

TC said...

Boo. They suck. I hate places like that, where employees suck but they need them so badly they can't fire anyone because a body is better than nothing (or so they think).

Bone said...

I wonder if that Jared has any idea what's going on down there.

Circe said...

I'm with Bone. Complain directly to Jared. As spokesman, he should have some input in the goings on of this company.

Kerry said...

I'm calling Jared right now... as we speak! *hand on hip and taping foot*....

Kerry said...

tapping... not taping! lol

Mrs. S. said...

That's how the Quizno's is here.. They are constantly closing early. I have no idea how they stay in business.

You should write to the company.. The last time I had a bad time at a fast food place, I complained to their district manager and main office. I got free Wendy's for a year after that.

I guess I was wrong about that weather... Stay warm!

Big Ben said...

I'vefound that most people that work at fast food restaurants under the age of 20 are morons.