Friday, January 05, 2007

"I'm No Superman"

I know this witty showed has aired for several seasons but I have just recently become a staunch aficionado of the ever popular Scrubs and remain glued to the TV between 6 and 7 pm most Monday through Fridays in a vain attempt to play catch-up. Well written, often hilarious, and possessing a well-rounded, talented cast, I revel in its strong writing and relevant themes. While JD is fantastic as the playful soul and spokesman for the show, I do have my more mature preferences. So here goes, my two favorite characters on this stellar addition to prime time viewing.

Carla (Judy Reyes) is the raven-haired caring, responsible beauty. I was thrilled she married the man of her dreams (Turk) because if anyone deserves happiness, it’s her. But by far, my favorite individual is the surly Dr. Perry Cox (John McGinley). OMG, can you say hot with me? It’s not so much his physical looks which are pretty much so-so, but rather he epitomizes the ballsy, no-holds-barred, wry, witty, tell-it-like-it-is sarcastic personality whose sharp, pithy retorts cut to the very quick. His sparkling verbal banter wins me over in spades. Even his predilection for dark-haired Medusas (aka Jordan and the aggressive nurse he dated) fail to deter me from adding him to my male wish list.

“The actor won a new set of fans when he was cast as the creatively insulting, professionally demanding but far from heartless Dr. Perry Cox on the NBC sitcom "Scrubs" (2001- ), a role that would prove defining in the actor's career by providing a showcase for his diverse comedic and dramatic skills.”

Underneath his scratchy exterior beats the heart of human who endured a rough childhood and rarely lets the audience or anyone else glimpse his soft underbelly. Only caring Carla possesses the magic words to tame this wild beast. Long live the mortal saints treading the halls of Sacred Heart Hospital.

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

I love Scrubs!!

Bone said...

Like you, I never got into the show at first. But now in reruns, I've caught it a few times. It is pretty funny.