Friday, September 08, 2006

Are You Ready For Some Football???


Seeing as how my private league FFB Commish got “too busy” what with trotting out the flimsy excuse of becoming a new father, I quickly scrambled to enter a Yahoo Public League employing the appropriate yet clever moniker of Raging Alcoholics. I checked this morning to find the autodraft complete. To my chagrin, distractions and excessive busyness caused me to totally forget to request my beloved Tony!! *sniffs loudly* Hoping against hope, I punched up his name to discover someone else in my league has the auspicious privilege of utilizing him for their tight end. Still, I’m happy and working on gearing up for an exciting fun season! (I LOVE FFB!) And for the record, GO BROWNS!!!

More good news. When I returned home last evening, I found a brand new shiny silver (requested a color change) Razr awaiting me. All seems to be in working order so Ms Circe is back in cellular business. :)

Hospitable beach buddies were in town the past few days and though their dance card was extremely overbooked, I did get to exchange pleasantries, send my love to our mutual friends dodging hurricanes, and wish them a safe return to my beloved OBX. We love you, “T” and “B.”

The Topfive.com’s 5 Bad Romance Novel Metaphors or Similes


5. He Beatty-ed her shamelessly, making her squeal like Ned and hallucinate like Warren.

4. He awoke my slumbering womanhood with his double tall loin latte. "Starbuck!" I cried.

3. His chest was her pillow, and oh, did she drool.

2. Claire felt swept away by this dark stranger, a helpless dust bunny in the roaring cacophony of his gas-powered leaf blower.

1. His finger, weathered and rough from years on the ranch, danced in and out of his nose like a slimy ballerina.

Gemini May 21 - June 21

After two rapes, three muggings, and a heinous murder, you will completely run out of directions in which to look the other way.

Have a frolicsome Friday!
Circe ;)

4 comments:

Bone said...

LOL

Good to know Ms Circe is back in business. I'm sure there were more than a few distraught males for a couple of days there.

Hospitable Beach Buddies sounds like a good name for a local band :)

Have a great weekend, Circe.

Circe said...

I get quite distraught if unable to text 'my men'... ;) I'd be happy to add you to my list, Bone! So sad to be so reliant on a cell phone, but oh well.

Now you sound like Dave Barry with comparing strung together words as excellent band names, and I just love Dave Barry. :)

Be sure and post pics of the new glasses as I'm dying to see them, sweetie. You have a great weekend too!

smooches

thephoenixnyc said...

My FF team is going to ROCK. Peyton Manning, Thomas Jones, et. al

WOOT!!!

Circe said...

Phoenix, I have Peyton too!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOUBLE WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go us! :)