Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away...

I didn't think I'd be saying this this summer.... but I'm so happy it rained yesterday and last night! It's stormed here most of the night and given us some much needed rain - even though we had 40 days and 40 nights of Monsoon season in June. Our weather also has been very in tune with what's happening down south. Hurricane Dean. That hurricane will most likely cause us quite a weather change as it's projected to hit Texas with quite a force and when that happens... we get some kickback from it.

Not only am I intrigued with the storm because of what will happen here in Okieland... but we just returned from Cozumel and it's supposed to hit Cozumel/Cancun at a category 4 or 5. It's so sad because the island looked so nice while we were there! They'd gotten it built back up from the huge hurricane years ago and now they are facing it again. I pray the hurricane turns and spares them... or at least lessens in intensity so the damage isn't so severe!

Those thoughts lead me to post a few pics of the beautiful beaches and sunset we saw while in Mexico. It's hard to believe that out of that beautiful sky.... comes a mean-@#$ storm!







We found a remote beach on the southern tip of Cozumel. It was beautiful! White sand, big waves and a little restaurant with a few little shops and a bar. People would be traveling and stop for a few minutes to take a swim and grab a drink...


My sis and I heading to the water...


2 comments:

egan said...

Let's hope it weakens before it hits the Yucatan. Strangely I'm utterly fascinated by hurricanes. I guess it's good I live where they don't strike.

Guilty Secret said...

Beautiful photos :)