Thursday, December 07, 2006

Let There Be Light


I came in to work today to find a light in the ceiling out and my desk area in semidarkness. While I pretty much enjoyed the subdued illumination and cozy atmosphere, this is a busy office and I knew a call to the hardworking *cough* boys sporting the tan Dickies (aka maintenance) would be the first order of business. At 8:15 am I dialed their dept. requesting someone to come replace the two blown tubes. All morning I sat hunched over my desk, peering quizzically at my computer as colleagues filed past my door, stopping briefly to inform me I was ‘in the dark.’ I am? Really? OMG!!! Whew! I thought my eyesight was going. So it’s not me then. *breathes sigh of relief* I came back from lunch to find nothing had changed so I dialed up their gal Friday and once again pleasantly requested assistance. I was informed D was on his way and would be alleviating this problem shortly. Within the hour, D arrived with trusty ladder in tow and proceeded to tell me I would not need to vacate the premises as he could handle it without disturbing me. Um, ok. So I’m sitting here BSing with Patrick on MSN, er, working, while our infamous bumbling resident electrician with the chilling reputation for sending the entire institution into unscheduled blackouts as he merrily cuts wires, blows fuses, and occasionally sends massive volts of electricity coursing through his body, works directly over me as I warily glance up in search of falling objects. I told him I hoped no one desperately needed me as there was no avenue to escape. Immediately the phone rings and GFR in the next office seductively whispers into the phone that he "desperately needs me" and hangs up. I laughed so hard I about startled Mr. Klutz, but in the end he accomplished his task without incident. Ah, radiance reigns supreme once again. :)

The Topfive.com’s 5 Important Questions to Ask at a Job Interview

5> "Who's that hot little beyotch with the humongous rack in the picture?"

4> "Will I get time off for the national Dungeons and Dragons finals?"

3> "Is the drug test multiple choice or essay?"

2> "Is there someone who can watch my cats while I'm at lunch?"

1> "Do the chicks here get all bent out of shape about that sexual harassment crap?"



Heinz Field
Thursday, December 7, 2006
8:00 PM - WMMS / NFL Network


The Browns are headed to Pittsburgh and preparing for another shot to do something they haven't done since 2003.
(what, win for a change?)

GO BROWNS!!!

6 comments:

TC said...

LMAO

Was it good to be desperately needed? ;)

Circe said...

TC, its ALWAYS good to be desperately needed. :)

TC said...

That's what I thought too. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't ask any of those questions! Damnit. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten a call back. I want to be desperately needed. But not by anyone in this office.

egan said...

I'm not a Steelers fan at all so I wanted them to lose really bad last night. Let's just hope the fools don't make the playoffs again.

Circe said...

TP--I appreciated the thought but wasn't exactly thrilled it was GFR that wanted me. *sigh*

Egan--Is there still a chance they could make playoffs? I'm tired of the cocky Steeler fans I know! *grumble*