Monday, December 04, 2006

Fluff Stuff


The grand total of white, fluffy stuff we were blessed with here in OkieDokieville last Thursday and Friday was pinned down to 8-12 inches. Woo hoo! (I am forever complaining I want feet not inches). ;) Chaos College officially dismissed at noon but those living out of town were shooed homeward at 9:30am and we did not return till today. There is nothing quite like 2 four-day weekends in a row. Trying for three would be excessive and quite useless as cold and sunny with a practically nil chance of precipitation are projected for the week. Oh well.

The main roads are cleared off nicely but those side roads are another story. I certainly saw a lot of people stuck and much like Kerbear’s vehicle, one hapless car with a very long, steep driveway had slid halfway into the street unbeknownst to its owners. To my knowledge no one plowed into it, but that must have been quite the rude awakening when they hoofed it down to their vehicle only to find it tantalizingly double dog daring others to smack it. Another strange phenomenon was discovering heaps of excess snow that the city shoved into the middle of the downtown thoroughfares. Guess we rarely receive enough snow to have a problem deciding where to put it. Just as I was about to jump in the SUV for a Friday trek through the winter wonderland, I experienced a 'Marcia Brady moment' when I distractedly turned my head and got clobbered in the nose by the passenger side door. OUCH! Though unable to frolic in the snowdrifts, I’m extremely hopeful this won’t be our first and last snowfall of the season and that the prospects are excellent for many snowballs/angels/men in my not-too-distant future. Yessssss...

1 comment:

TC said...

I heart making snow angels... I did that last year with a friend when we got almost a foot. Oh man...