Thursday, September 14, 2006

Uncanny Resemblance


Many moons ago, Kerbear and I mentioned how much we loved the quirky sleeper hit, Napoleon Dynamite. Though this flick came out in 2004, his clones continue to walk the earth and one just happens to be this semester’s noon student worker at the gym. Last week as I trudged my hamster-like way on my sleek ebony treadmill, I kept doing double-takes at the lanky, frizzy-haired, bespectacled guy wiping down the machines and thought to myself, “Where have I seen this guy before?” Then it hit me! This was a walking, talking twin of the quintessential nerdboy. I bet he hears that a lot from fellow students. I signed in as usual yesterday and headed for my fav apparatus when I stopped short, whirled around, and marched right back to the desk to firmly request a radio station change. My tender ears simply could not handle dreadful country music for three straight days in a row! He beat a hasty retreat to the dial and quickly flipped over to oldies. *sigh and RME* Later, when he and his equally hirsute-challenged buds drew near, I kindly informed him any music was preferable to country and I appreciated his understanding. I really think a stern look from me will do the trick from now on. :)

In other news, I failed to mention that if you are unable to attend the "Construction Worker Ogling Festival" hosted at the crack of dawn, you are still welcome to join the noontime "Lawn Chair Girl Watching Bash". On balmy days (and they’ve pretty much all been balmy so far), the guys like to park their relaxing kiesters in lawn chairs they apparently keep stored in the onsite trailers and while chowing down watch their favorite channel, "College Girls on Parade." This location is a red-blooded American male’s dream.

The Topfive.com’s 5 Signs You're Having Trouble Adjusting to College

5> Animal Husbandry isn't exactly what you expected when you signed up for it.

4> The good news: You have a 3.5 average.
The bad news: That's your blood alcohol content.

3> You feel so awkward and unpopular that you quit the Young Republicans and join the Junior Reform Party.

2> The friendly wager you made with your new roommate about who would score first apparently has nothing to do with your Pokemon skills.

1> Your mother turns on Dateline's story about college binge drinking just in time to see you vomit on Jane Pauley.

Leo July 23 - August 22

You will once again be left feeling hurt and taken advantage of when a stranger you meet at a bar fails to call after a 21-night stand.

No comments: