Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Flower Child


TBC has tons of relatives and one of the fam’s more recent acquisitions is his cousin’s second wife, P. They met and married in Arizona but it wasn’t until their move to Oklahoma that I have gotten to know her better. She has held several jobs in our fair town but she is currently working as a beauty consultant for a well-known company and this has resulted in more frequent contact. Unique P is the quintessential hippie. She’s all about health food and respect for the earth as she expounds on her view of life with her clipped Northern (obviously not from AZ) accent. We seem to have really hit it off and though she’s a little dingy and quite vocal with her opinions, I am watching a developing friendship.

In other news, I am currently paying for my outdoor exuberance in our snowy landscape as I valiantly fight off a determined cold. I’ve come to work armed with anything and everything I can think of to battle the stinkin virus; Dayquil (liquid after my last choking incident with a tablet), green tea, chicken bouillon cubes, water, aspirin, lozenges with zinc, Echinacea and Vitamin C, Vitamin C, and Zicam swabs! Though I don’t feel up to snuff, I’m not feeling as bad as I could be so I just might be winning for a change. We won’t even discuss the many leg (and derriere) bruises I’m sporting thanks to the ass over teakettle jolt I received from the sled-pulling incident. ;)

3 comments:

TC said...

*hugs*

Hope you're feeling better!

Kerry said...

Are you sure you weren't jolted 'ass over teakettle' on purpose?!?!? hehe that sounds a bit fishy to me....

Mrs. S. said...

Awww.. I hope you get well soon!