Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tricep Tuesday

It’s about time I checked in on the blogosphere so here I be. I thought it might be an auspicious time for the semester gym update. For starters, a female student had beat me to the punch in securing my fav machine but you’ll be proud to know I restrained myself from knocking her block off and reclaiming my rightful place as Queen of the Expensive Treadmill. Instead, I resignedly headed for the alternate fav which is its exact twin but squeakier. No biggie. Tuesday/Thursdays at noon make for entertaining people-watching as a phys ed class is held at that time and a motley bunch of students walk/run on the indoor track for a solid thirty minutes. And since it’s a brand spanking new semester, there are a lot more students frequenting the gym which aids in whiling away the endless hours (ok, minutes) on said machine.

Cast of Characters:

Napoleon Dynamite is a former Wellness Center student worker who bears an uncanny resemblance to that character and I've written about him in a previous post. He’s always at the front of the pack leading the suffering minions and actually, he’s a very nice guy. Just thought I’d mention him again.


Next came the Giggle Twins. This duo consisted of one petite adorable Asian gal and her taller American friend. Her pal must have be quite the comedienne as her little buddy burst into fits of annoying laughter during every lap. The giggle is actually more like a jarring gasp as if she was struggling for breath in a most irritating manner. (Yes, she’s jogging so therefore she very likely is gasping for breath, but I really don’t think that totally explains the racket). Like maybe her buddy reaches over and tries to strangle her every time she made that aggravating noise. I've been mulling this over for some time and I think I'd like turn Asian for a change and display a lovely exotic exterior. “S” swears I cannot pull this feat off but maybe if I dropped a few pounds and got brown contacts and a dark wig it just might work. No?


Then there’s Shelf Ass Gal. Now I don’t mean to sound cruel but just how does one get so grossly out of proportion? I mean, she’s not that large but her butt is massive. I would think the only solution to that perplexing problem would be lipo. Also, the poor dear truly needs to invest in a sports bra as a tremendous amount of boob floppage was going on. Just sayin’.


Another older gal who simply must weigh close to 300 lbs plodded around the perimeter. I heartily applaud her as I know heavier gals have a hard time even showing up at the gym for fear of ridicule, but by golly she enrolled in this class and is making an effort to change her passive habits. Baby steps, ya know? It all begins with baby steps.


And last but far from least, though they were not part of this class, were the Three Amigos strutting around the free weight area like badass Banty roosters. I swear they must have called each other up to coordinate their workout gear as they each sported snug black muscle shirts and humongous black and white athletic shorts that could have held at least one extra guy apiece. Now that is not a lense-searing image I really want to cultivate but it's true. I did a lot of covert eye-rolling watching those three but they must not be newbies to the gym as each sported emerging biceps.


Anywho, this concludes my report on the noon gym crowd and here’s to Tricep Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some cast of characters :)