Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fabulous Fall

It was with mixed emotions this past weekend that I bid adieu to sumptuous summer and graciously extended my welcoming hand to fantastic fall. It seemed only fitting that on the last day of summer, I don my mowing apparel and hop on the ole Guillotine of Death for its possible final spin around the property. And yes, in keeping with my scything requirements, I downed a couple of chilling brewskies. Unfortunately they weren’t Genesee but, oh well. It had been three weeks since the lawn’s last trim and I dejectedly noticed a grievous lack of ground morning glories yet an alarming rise in jumpy grasshoppers. This past weekend’s weather was the picture of loveliness and the choices of events to attend were varied and plentiful. Though I was unable to attend Kerbear’s babygirl shower, I had an enjoyable time selecting a gift for little Miss November and merrily sent it south via mutual friends. Also on Saturday’s "To Do" list was the annual Chili Cookoff here in Podunkville and the final day of drag racing across the state line. I made neither. TBC didn’t feel well and informed me too late to make alternate arrangements. *sigh*


I was sick yesterday and spend the rainy day catching up on Netflix selections as I ODed on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice two-disk series from 1995. While I've read the novel many, many times, not so much because it's a thrill-a-minute page-turner, but because it works better than a sleeping pill for snooze inducement. At any rate, this rendition featured one huge plus that Ms Austen's stuffy missive lacked--Colin Firth. I wouldn't say his extensive acting skills were much in evidence, but boy is he ever good at staring! He pretty much gawked at the leading lady during the entire five-hour miniseries which in turn caused alot of excessive staring (and drooling) at his attractive visage on my part. And could he wear a taller hat? Good lord that was some elevated headgear! I'm madly in love. Colin = eye candy. :)


In other news, I have had my fuzzy Teddybear ass handed to me on a shiny FFB platter for three weeks in a row and this week ain’t looking so good either. The Sneaky Snakes mean serious business as here’s what I found in my inbox this morning…Wish me luck!

2 comments:

TC said...

I don't know what's up with that snake, but I know I don't like it...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I hate when my kids go and squelch on my social outings time! :)


That snake is BAD NEWS!