Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fuutball

bbbrrrrrrrr it's cold!

We've had really nice weather thus far... until today! When we are scheduled to have a parent/kiddo soccer game and ice cream social dealie-o at soccer practice!!! I think we should be having a chili cook-off instead of ice cream. The parents are also supposed to suit up and have a scrimmage with the soccer team.. and we were encouraged to wear "all the gear". Translation: make sure you wear shin guards and any other padding/protection you can find.

Well, I have recruited a sub for my position :) My precious C is going to be playing in my place. I know its somewhat unfair (but who cares). He outweighs me by a ton and running into him is like hitting a brick wall. He also plays and knows the rules of the game inside and out plus knows the cheats. He can also outrun anyone playing. So... I did good! haha

I begged and bribed him to take my place... plus I claimed injury (which is partially true) plus he'd have to watch baby Z while I played. He chose to play. ha!

3 comments:

TC said...

You probably told him that's the time of day she most often chooses to dirty her diapers, didn't you? :)

Little November's 1st birthday is coming up soon, no? Hope you're doing well!

Grant said...

FYI - Japan also calls it football with the oval pigskin and soccer for the round ball, so remember that anytime someone claims America is the only country that does it.

Big Ben said...

Should have put the kids in baseball.