Thursday, April 17, 2008

If I Only Had a Brain

It’s official. I have lost my befuddled, confused mind. The last two weeks have been crazy busy here at work and yesterday the IT dept made the big move (about 30 ft) across the hall to a temporary sanctuary while our area gets its facelift. This former conference room has morphed over the years from its original purpose to an ITV classroom, back to a conference room, then chopped up and vastly shrunk to make room for offices on the other side and now into alternate cubicle offices for those in transition. (That was one long sentence.) So yesterday was our turn to shuffle and I have misplaced a few things that I normally can get my hands on immediately. At any rate, my credenza is now behind me and this is where I’ve always set my coffee mug and water glass. Now I know it was a chaotic madhouse yesterday and I was quite distracted but I was indeed drinking out of that glass all yesterday afternoon and am absolutely positive it never budged. Surely it wasn’t swiped by some nefarious personage masquerading as a benign colleague? And if they were going to filch a mug, why couldn’t they at least have picked the cheap Dollar General coffee mug that I bought here in town for a whopping dollar? "S" suggested maybe my secret pal took it and they are going to give it back to me as a present because they are cheap. Or possibly they borrowed it temporarily with plans of returning it filled with candy. That’s putting a positive spin on things but I’m not so optimistic.

Anyway, I walk in this morning and it has vanished into thin air. Poof! So I’m frantically scratching my head as to where it possibly could have gone. I checked the obvious places but to no avail. After wandering back to our old area in search of this special OBX glass I discover to my horror three Fedex envelopes from last Thursday that were processed but never picked up for distribution! OMG!! How did I blank out and drop the ball so badly on this one??? I can’t remember what happened yesterday let alone what occurred a solid week ago. And they were tests to far sites meant to be taken this past Tuesday. Yikes! I’m very surprised the instructor hadn’t called me demanding to know their whereabouts but she hasn’t so I’ve bitten the bullet and left a VM to discuss making amends. I’d say the day can only get better but we’re expecting severe storms this afternoon so I cannot envision that happening. In conclusion, has anyone seen my brain?

1 comment:

グラント said...

You may have to change the "Brilliant Minds" tab on your blog template. :p