Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Found a Peanut

I know a lot of fellow Okies are having a rough time of it with the beautiful but very destructive ice storm they recently endured. My neck of the woods managed to dodge that sparkly bullet but the winter is just firing up so there’s no telling what wave of nasty stuff will have our name on it. It’s a toss-up as to whether the white flakes they are predicting will blow in Friday (Weatherbug) or Saturday (Weather Channel) but odds are in our favor will be blessed with a lovely wintry mix as we head into the weekend. I, of course, am heartily employing my ever-popular Snow Dance, sporting my snowflake earrings, and shaking my booty, er, Snow Globe Snowman for all he’s worth hoping for copious amounts of frozen manna from heaven. Yes, I adore snow. :)


Last night as I was happily munching on pistachios that I planned to save for next week (such resolve), I thought of that old song I used to sing with my comrades while we were zipping down the road heading for some educational fieldtrip. I wonder if kiddos still repeat that old chestnut? At any rate, I did find the lyrics online and sure enough, it was unearthed on a website called BusSongs.com. The only difference I found was that my fellow scholars inserted the “went to heaven” line instead of being reincarnated, but other than that, it’s exactly the same.


Found a peanut
Found a peanut
Found a peanut just now
Just now I found a peanut
Found a peanut just now.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I still sing that song.
To drive my hubby mad.

Anonymous said...

That song is going to be stuck in my head and driving me crazy now.

Thanks Circe. Thanks a lot.

Circe said...

Angela--Ah, so I'm not the only one who remembers it! :)

TC--my humblest apologies. :)

TC said...

I'm sensing that's not a truly sincere apology ;-)